If you are wondering which is the most hospitable place in the world for kickstarting your career in the hospitality industry, focus all your attention on Switzerland! It is generally accepted that to study in Switzerland is best because the country has a strong reputation for hospitality education and is home to many high-quality schools in this field. Many of these schools offer programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels and some even offer specialised training in specific areas of the hospitality industry.
In fact, QS World University ranking, a highly regarded and among the most widely read university rankings in the world, clearly states that Switzerland possesses the top three hospitality management institutes globally. Thus, for the hospitality industry, it is ideal to study in Switzerland .
What is a Hospitality School or Institute?
Let us begin with the basics. Your typical hospitality school in Switzerland is a high-level educational institution that focuses on training students for careers in the hospitality industry. This can include hotel management, restaurant management, event planning and other related fields. The best hospitality schools in Switzerland offer a variety of degree and certificate programs as well as hands-on experience through internships and other practical learning opportunities. The goal of a hospitality school is to provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the hospitality industry.
Advantages of attending Hospitality Schools in Switzerland.
- Switzerland is known for its strong reputation in the field of hospitality, so attending a hospitality school in Switzerland can provide students with a high-quality education that is respected in the industry.
- Studying at hospitality schools in Switzerland can provide students with the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals who have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the hospitality field.
- Hospitality schools in Switzerland are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and resources to support their students’ learning and development including modern classrooms, well-equipped kitchens and dining facilities, event planning and management labs, and other resources relevant to the hospitality industry.
- Hospitality schools in Switzerland have strong relationships with local hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality businesses, which can provide students with opportunities for internships and other hands-on learning and real-world experience.
- Studying in Switzerland can provide students with the opportunity to immerse themselves in a new culture and environment.
The Best Hospitality Schools in Switzerland:
Among the best schools to study in Switzerland for Indian students , these four-rank high.
- Swiss Hotel Management School:
This private hospitality management school based in Leysin and Montreux and owned by the reputed Swiss Education Group offers programs in Bachelors of Hospitality Management (Hospitality Management, Hospitality & Event Management and Design Management), Masters of Hospitality Management, Postgraduate Diploma and online Executive Master of Hospitality Management. Inaugurated in 1902 and set in a beautiful locale of the Caux Palace, the school has a 65% acceptance rate and is ranked among the 3 best hospitality schools in Switzerland and in the world !
- Glion Institute of Higher Education:
Established in 1962 and rated among the best hospitality schools in Switzerland , Glion offers both Bachelors (International Hospitality Business) and Master’s degree (on-campus and remote) programs along with several short programs in hospitality. The Bachelors program spans 3.5 years and five semesters with specialisation in International Hotel Development & Finance, Luxury Brand Strategy or International Event Management. Glion holds the second rank in the world for employer reputation and is among the top 3 Hospitality and Leisure Management institutions.
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management:
Located in Valais, Les Roches boasts of 1000+ students from 65+ countries in its roster every semester. It is Switzerland’s first hospitality school to offer all its courses in English and it offers an array of undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA courses in hospitality management. It has campuses in China and Spain also and maintains intimate ties with the tourism and hotel industry via its advisory panel constituted from four major hotel chains.
- Cesar Ritz Colleges:
Sharing the founder of the world-famous Ritz hotels, the Cesar Ritz Colleges are located in Le Bouveret and Brig. Ranked 6th worldwide among the hospitality and leisure schools, it offers both bachelors (International Business in Hotel & Tourism Management) as well as masters (International Business in Entrepreneurship) degree programs partnering with the University of Derby and the Washington State University. It emphasises on experiential learning with a curriculum that blends the ethos of Swiss hospitality with the principles of entrepreneurship.
Earning a degree from a hospitality school in Switzerland can provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the hospitality industry, which can lead to a fulfilling and rewarding career.
While looking for options to study in Switzerland , don’t hesitate to reach out to the experts at Career2Life, study abroad consultants in Delhi . If you like this blog, please leave your comments below and in case of any queries, share your contact details with us and we will reach out to you.