The United Kingdom (UK) continues to remain one of the most sought-after destinations among students for its world-class educational institutions, some of which enjoy almost a fabled reputation. It is hence of little surprise that thousands of Indian students apply to UK’s colleges and universities every year.
Among the plethora of questions that students find themselves asking when they decide upon studying abroad, one of the primary ones is, “Do I have to take the IELTS exam?” The answer is ‘NO’. Indian students can study in UK universities without the IELTS for Masters and undergraduate degrees.
How to study in UK without IELTS for Indian students:
Pick a university
Several educational institutions in the UK waive the IELTS provision because they have other procedures in place. These include:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Brunel University London
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Leeds
- Kingston University
- Coventry University
- University of Bristol
- University of Leicester
- Northumbria University
- University of Manchester
- Cardiff University
- University of Northampton
- University of Plymouth
- Portsmouth University
- Swansea University
- University of Greenwich
- University of Central Lancashire
- Aston University, Birmingham
The non-IELTS road
- Some universities have their own exams to assess language proficiency, Students can also enrol for English course to meet the language requirements, called Pre Sessional English Course, which are specifically designed to prepare and improve the language proficiency of international students.
- Indian students can take one of the few alternative tests, some of which have become acceptable following the outbreak of the pandemic. These include IELTS Indicator, Duolingo English Test, TOEFL (iBT), Password English Language Test, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) and the Cambridge C1 Advanced test.
- If your medium of education in school was English, then special weightage may be given to your scores in English in Classes 10 and 12. Usually IELTS waiver are on English score of 70 and above
- You may have to appear for an online interview through any of the platforms like Zoom or Skype or take a telephonic interview so that authorities can assess your English proficiency.
Is IELTS required for UK student visa?
You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply for a student visa to the UK. But if you can get an admission to a college without IELTS, then you can get a visa as well.
UK without IELTS study visa process:
- Get the Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies letter from the university.
- Maintain sufficient funds for tuition fees and living expenses.
- Submit the visa application form with the documents mentioned in the CAS.
Making a Choice
Now that you know that Indian students can study without IELTS in UK Universities, 2022 cannot be wasted. But how do you know which non-IELTS road is best suited for you or does the college of your choice allow the exam of your choice? That is where Career2Life can help. It can guide you through these difficult decisions and paperwork.
So, students who wish to study in UK without IELTS, join hands with Career2Life and give wings to your dreams of higher education.