1 in 195. That is Australia’s position as a preferred destination for Indian students among all the countries of the world!
1 in 5. That is the number of Indian students who rate Australia as their preferred study destination!
With its excellent education system, great job opportunities, easy visa requirements and diverse culture, it is not surprising that Australia has ruled the roost in being a magnet for Indian students for decades. Even now, post the Covid-19 pandemic, government data indicates that more than 90% of the Indian students have already returned to study in Australia in either University or vocational courses.
Here are 10 reasons why Australia is such a big draw for Indian students.
- Top-notch universities: Having 43 universities, of which many figure in the top-100 worldwide, to choose from, study in Australia for Indian students is very attractive. These universities also provide a range of easily understandable and achievable post-study work options. Thus, the students can begin and grow their careers across a variety of industries.
- Multiple course options: The variety of courses available for study in Australia for Indian students is immense. From Engineering to English, Mathematics to Medicine, Accountancy to Architecture, Actuarial Science to Agricultural Science, Technology to Tourism – Australian universities have them all. Plus, the students get a lot of flexibility in choosing combinations and options.
- Diversity in culture: Australia is tolerant with a cultural diversity and vibrancy similar to India. It isn’t surprising that Indian students feel at home during their study in Australia period and thereafter too. The melting pot of cultures also provides an opportunity to explore new experiences along culinary, celebratory and customary lines. Overall, it definitely makes one into a multi-faceted personality.
- Ease of getting student visas: The ease of studying in a country is directly proportional to the ease of obtaining visas from that country. Each country has its own set of requirements. Australia’s requirements are among the least complex and most streamlined. You just need to possess sufficient health insurance and financial capacity apart from the minimum grades and marks.
- Internship and career growth options: Most of the Australian universities offer the chance for Indian students to stay on and build a career and home in Australia itself through unpaid and paid internship opportunities. Going further, the student can choose an industry and career based on interests and skill-sets.
- Convenient Time Zone: Study in Australia for Indian students comes with a convenient time zone. Also, the Indo-Pacific region is well connected with Australia with numerous flight options across airlines. Travel thus becomes convenient.
- The Great Outdoors: A study conducted by study abroad consultants showed a surprising fact – many students love Australia also for its amazing outdoors and vacationing options! From the broad Outback plains to Ayers rock, the pristine beaches to the Great Barrier Reef, Down Under is a paradise on earth. It is also a fertile training ground for several sports like surfing, kayaking, swimming, snorkelling and scuba diving.
- Vibrant city and nightlife: Australian universities are located in both rural and urban settings. However, all of them lie in close proximity to a major city – Sydney, Adelaide, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Hobart to name a few. Each city offers a multitude of unique experiences and that is definitely on the bucketlist of many youngsters.
- Communication Ease: Since Australia was a former British colony, every Australian speaks English and thus, a study in Australia for Indian student becomes easier compared to, say, a Chinese or European university. However, there is definitely a distinct accent and multiple slangs that would need to be mastered which the college students find enjoyable anyway!
- Immediate work opportunities: Australia offers a Temporary Graduate Visa which permits international students to stay on in Australia and continue to work after graduation as well.
Popular Universities Down Under:
As a student looking to study in Australia, you have a wide variety of quality options. In the order of the latest rankings, the 10 best universities in Australia are as follows:
- Australian National University (ANU)
- University of Sydney
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- University of Queensland (UQ)
- Monash University
- University of Western Australia (UWA)
- University of Adelaide
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- University of Wollongong
If you wish to explore more details of the courses in these universities, contact us, Career2life, study abroad consultants. From finding the right course to help with finding the accommodation, providing options for financing the study, we will assist you find the most suitable options.